How to create WebLogic domain?
Weblogic domain is created after the WebLogic server installation. For installation of Weblogic 10.3.6 in Linux platform, please click here.
- Go to directory /u01/oracle1036/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/bin and run config.sh file.
This will open a domain configuration wizard.
Select “create a new WebLogic domain” radio button and click next to continue.
- Select required domain templates.
♦ By default,“basic WebLogic server domain” template is selected.
We are going to keep default settings and click next to continue.
Note: We will learn about the other options, as we get into the course content. So we are ignoring them here.
- Kindly enter your domain name and click next to continue.
- Enter password for WebLogic user,
♦ Remember, this user is going to be default administrator user on this WebLogic server.
♦ click next to continue.
- Next window, select production mode under startup mode and desired JDK.
In Development mode, the configuration of security is relatively relaxed, allowing you to auto-deploy applications whereas security is fully configured in production mode.
“Administration Server” and
“Managed Servers, Clusters and Machines “checkboxes.
- Admin server configuration window will open.
♦ Enter admin server name,
♦ Listen address and
♦ Listen port
And then click “NEXT”.
♦ managed server name,
♦ listen address and
♦ listen port on managed server configuration screen
- Here we are going to configure the cluster.
♦ Enter cluster name
♦ cluster messaging mode.
- The server will be displayed on left-hand side under server. YouWe have to select the server and use the forward arrow (=>) to assign it to the cluster.
Assign managed server to cluster and click next.
- Select Unix Machine tab and enter,
♦ machine name,
♦ node manager listen address
♦ node manager listen port
♦ keeping other values to default.
- The server will be displayed on the left-hand side under server. We have to select the server and use the forward arrow (=>) to assign it to the machine.
Assign servers to machine and click next.
- Configuration summary will be displayed on the screen.
- Once domain creation is completed click on “DONE”
This will create test_domain under