How to Create Weblogic Domain on Linux:
How to create WebLogic domain?
Weblogic domain is created after the WebLogic server installation. For installation of Weblogic 10.3.6 in Linux platform, please click here.
- Go to directory /u01/oracle1036/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/bin and run config.sh file.
This will open a domain configuration wizard.
Select “create a new WebLogic domain” radio button and click next to continue.
- Select required domain templates.
By default,“basic WebLogic server domain” template is selected.
We are going to keep default settings and click next to continue.
We will learn about the other options, as we get into the course content. So we are ignoring them here.
- Kindly enter your domain name and click next to continue.
- Enter password for WebLogic user,
- Remember, this user is going to be default administrator user on this WebLogic server.
- click next to continue.
- Next window, select production mode under startup mode and desired JDK.
In Development mode, the configuration of security is relatively relaxed, allowing you to auto-deploy applications whereas security is fully configured in production mode.
- Select,“Administration Server” and “Managed Servers, Clusters, and Machines “checkboxes.
- The admin server configuration window will open.
- Enter admin server name,
- Listen address and
- Listen port
And then click “NEXT”.
- managed server name,
- listen address and
- listen port on managed server configuration screen
- Here we are going to configure the cluster.
- Enter cluster name
- cluster messaging mode.
- The server will be displayed on the left-hand side under server. YouWe have to select the server and use the forward arrow (=>) to assign it to the cluster.
Assign managed server to cluster and click next.
- Select Unix Machine tab and enter,
- machine name,
- node manager listen address
- node manager listen port
- keeping other values to default.
- The server will be displayed on the left-hand side under server. We have to select the server and use the forward arrow (=>) to assign it to the machine.
Assign servers to the machine and click next.
- Configuration summary will be displayed on the screen.
- Once domain creation is completed click on “DONE”
This will create test_domain under