Linux Logging with putty
For practicing different tasks on the system there are two ways to login to the system
1. Login directly to the system and open the terminal on the desktop and start practicing.
2. Log in to the server remotely through the putty tool.
Login directly to the system:
- Log in to the installed machine as the root.
- Right, click on the desktop of the machine.
- On the menu select open terminal.
Log in to the system through putty:
- Download the putty tool from http://www.putty.org/ .
- Open putty and give IP address of the server, select the ssh protocol and port number 22.
- To know the IP address of the server go to the machine and open terminal run ifconfig –a command.