Linux Login with Putty
For practicing different tasks on the system there are two ways to login to the system
- Login directly to the system and open the terminal on the desktop and start practicing.
- Log in to the server remotely through the putty tool.
Login directly to the system:
- Log in to the installed machine as the root.
- Right, click on the desktop of the machine.
- On the menu select open terminal.
Log in to the system through putty:
- Open putty and give IP address of the server, select the ssh protocol and port number 22.
- To know the IP address of the server go to the machine and open terminal run ifconfig –a command.