Passwordless SSH Login using Putty
To login to the server using putty without providing the password we need the puTTykey gen software.
Download the software from the following link.
- Download the software from the link
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html the file name in that link is puttygen.exe
- Open the software by double click on that the snap shot of that software is as follows.
- By clicking the generate button we will generate the key pair.
We have to move the mouse pointer on the blank space to generate the key pair. By moving the mouse pointer in the blank space only the key pair will be generated.
- After generating the keys, provide the pass phrase if you want otherwise leave that as blank.
- Now login to the server machine and create files in /root/.ssh/ directory.
In the above screen shot the copied text is place in the server.
Go to the server open the file
Paste the text as shown above.
Now the public key is in the server
- Next duty is save the private key to the local machine and loads the file to the putty as follows.
- Save the key in a particular location in your system. I saved the private key in the libraries and documents location. Similarly save the public key also.
- Now configure putty to access the server.
Getting the error key rejected.
Have to work more on it