1. jQuery is used to develop browser compatible web applications improve the performance of an application.
2. Very fast and extensible.
3. UI related functions are written in minimal lines of codes.
There are two types of jQuery, they are
1. Download the jQuery library from jQuery.com
2. Include jQuery from a CDN(Content Delivery Network) ,like Google.
There are two versions available
1. Production Version: The Production Version is a minified version of the same source file.(compressed)
2. Development Version: The Development Version is for testing and development.(uncompressed)
These two versions can be downloaded from jQuery.com
First, It can be included within web page by linking to local copy or to one of the many copies available from public servers.
Next, It is also possible to include jQuery directly from CDNs.
jQuery Client side scripting.
CDN is Content Distribution Network and it is for a group of companies in a different location with the network containing copies of data to maximize bandwidth in accessing data.
The popular jQuery CDN's are